Community

Taylor Ray is a drifter and mechanic who does some serious projects in his small shop. We say small, but if you've been following him for a while, you've seen him expand out of his home garage and into a real shop—with all the big-boy toys to go along with the extra space. The scope of his work seems to be growing by the day.

GrandPrix Two-Post Lift Taylor Ray

We were once fortunate enough to interview him and see how life was treating him. (Pretty well, is the answer!) He had recently picked up a GrandPrix low-ceiling two-post lift. This particular home lift comes in three models and is made for tight spaces.

Taylor Ray on YouTube with a GrandPrix Two-Post Lift

Below you'll find excerpts from the full interview.

What would you say you're most known for in the automotive community?

I would have to say drifting, hands down. More specifically, drifting a Miata, as it's not that common of a drift car. Or possibly my C5 Corvette drift car. That made waves in the beginning because people didn't think it would work for drifting and it did extremely well out of the box.

Any advice for people starting a channel, or thinking about starting one?

Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Start making videos you want to make, for the reasons you want to make them. Remember that even if your channel doesn't blow up the way we all dream of, at the end of the day, you're still building yourself a scrapbook of your greatest memories.

You've had a GrandPrix for a while. What's been the biggest change in your life since getting it?

As a man who loves tools, it doesn't get much better than having your own car lift. I've been going out to the shop to work on stuff even when I don't need to as an excuse to use my lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4wdojztNk